At ContractHireAndLeasing.com (a website operated by Really Good Domains Ltd (company number: 03934283)) we are committed to protecting your data and privacy.
We have published this data protection guide to ensure that you are fully aware of how and why we collect information about you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are. You should ensure that you have read and understood this guide before providing your information to us.
What personal information do we collect and how do we obtain it?
We receive your personal information when you complete any of the forms on any of our websites, register to receive our newsletter or enter one of our competitions.
How do we use your personal information?
The table below sets out how we may use the different types of personal information we collect from you and our lawful basis for doing so.
|Personal data collected||How we use such personal data||Lawful basis|
Email address you provide to us on subscription to our newsletter.
To send you our weekly newsletter containing our latest offers, details of our new website content and third party links and to invite you to register for an account with us.
Email address you provide to us to receive search alerts in respect of particular search criteria.
Initially, to contact you by the email address provided to confirm your details and invite you to register for an account with us. Once you have confirmed your email address, we will contact you with news, price and deal updates in respect of the search parameters you have included at such frequency as you have requested.
The name, email address, telephone number (if you have chosen to provide this) and any additional information provided to us when you complete your request to “Get a Quote”.
We will share the details you have provided to us with the applicable advertiser to enable them to contact you to discuss/provide a quote. These details will also be held in the advertiser’s account on our website. After we have shared your details with the advertiser we will retain these in accordance with our retention policy for our internal verification processes to determine the conversion rate of quotes requested through our website. We may also use the email address you provide to contact you by email following your request for a quote to seek your feedback on your experience of using our website, to invite you to register for an account with us and to contact you again around the expiry date of your proposed hire/lease deal with details of our current products, offers and services.
We will use this personal information to carry out your request for a quote. Our retention and use of your personal information thereafter is based on our legitimate interests of measuring the effectiveness of our website, the value our advertisers are obtaining from advertising on our website and promoting our offers and services to existing users at a time when we think they may be of interest to our users.
Email address you provide to us when you register for an account with us and details of your enquiries, searches and viewed offers.
Note: if you register/login using your social network, please see below.
To enable you to create an account to be accessed using our website and which enables you to view and manage your advertiser enquiries, view your searches and your saved searches and re-visit offers that you have previously shown an interest in on our website.
Provision of our ‘my account’ services to you.
Email address we extract from your social media account (Facebook, LinkedIn, Gmail, Twitter and/or Microsoft) when you register for an account with us.
To enable you to create an account to be accessed using our website and which enables you to view and manage you advertiser enquiries, view your searches and your saved searches and re-visit offers that you have previously shown an interest in on our website.
Provision of our ‘my account’ services to you.
We will retain your IP address when you enter and browse our website. We will use your IP address to monitor the performance of our website, to investigate security issues, to monitor how you use our website (the pages you access, the time spent on each page, the frequency at which you visit our website and other related factors) and to provide relevant advertisements relating to our products to you (unless you set your browser settings to tell us that you do not wish us to do so).
Name, email address and/or telephone number provided by you during the use of our website.
To contact you to discuss services that have been requested by you.
We will use these personal details to carry out any services requested by you.
Other details provided by you on entry into any of our competitions.
We may, from time to time, offer competitions on our website. In the event that you choose to enter such competitions, we will let you know in advance how we intend to use the details you provide for entry into such competitions.
Telephone conversations you have with our advertisers where these have been recorded (you will be notified in advance where this is the case).
We will store these recordings on our secure server for approximately 30 days following such recording. These will be available to the relevant advertiser for its reference during this time. We will review these recordings for customer service and quality monitoring purposes.
Your consent and our legitimate interests of monitoring our service quality.
You may withdraw your consent at any time
Some of our use of your personal information is subject to the lawful basis of “consent” (you will be able to see where this is the case in the table above). You are able to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time by either contacting us using the contact details set out below or following the “opt-out” link in each communication we send to you. Please note that if you do opt-out we can no longer contact you with our latest news and offers or details of any search alerts you have requested.
Sharing your personal data
As referred to above, in order to provide a quote to you, we will need to share your details with the advertiser from whom you have requested a quote.
We also use third party mailing companies to: manage our customer database, send out newsletters and offers on our behalf, and collect your feedback. We will share your personal information with these third parties to the extent required for them to provide these services on our behalf.
Required disclosures to third parties
We may make the following disclosures of your personal information to third parties where required:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data which we hold to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Really Good Domains Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers/users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
We will not transfer any personal data we collect from you to a destination outside the European Economic Area.
How do we protect your personal information?
We protect your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not request information which is excessive for our purposes.
- Try, with your assistance, to keep any information we hold about you up to date and accurate.
- Delete any information which we hold about you which is no longer relevant in accordance with our retention policy.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us to prevent unauthorised access.
- By having appropriate written agreements in place with those advertisers from which you may request a quote from using our site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Receipt of personal information
If you do not want to continue to be contacted by us please contact us using the contact details set out below or by following the opt-out link in each communication we send to you.
You may continue to receive communications on route to you for a short period of time while your suppression is being processed.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information for such time as you still wish to receive our offers and newsletters or hold an account with us. In the event that we are holding your personal information because you have requested a quote from us, we will keep such personal information for the length of the proposed deal in respect of which you have made an enquiry unless you notify us that you wish us to remove your personal information before such time.
We may also be required to keep your data for such longer periods as is required pursuant to applicable laws.
We will retain your personal information provided to us for the purpose of registering for and using an account with us for such time as you wish to continue to hold an account with us. We will retain your IP address for approximately thirty days following collection, following which time they will be deleted.
You have various rights in respect of your personal information
You have various rights in respect of your personal information, as follows:
- a right of access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress to you;
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Really Good Domains Ltd, Domain House, 4 Watchgate, Newby Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5DB.
Your right to make a complaint in respect of our use of your personal information
You have the right to complain in respect of our use of your personal data. If you are a UK resident, your complaint would normally be addressed to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please contact us before you escalate your complaint.
You can contact us in respect of your personal information
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small encrypted text files that are stored on your computer or other device by our websites. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Types of Cookies
Session cookies are stored in your computer's memory for the length of your browsing session. They become inaccessible after the session has been inactive for a time and are automatically deleted from your computer when the browser is closed. They help keep track of your progress so you don't have to enter the same information more than once.
Persistent cookies are stored on the user's computer memory and are not deleted when the browser is closed. They are used to keep your preferences for the website, so that they will be remembered for next time you visit the website. They are also used to collect information about the numbers of visitors, the average time spent on a particular page and analyse browsing behaviour on the website. This information is used to find out how well the website works and where it can be improved.
First Party Cookies
These are cookies set by this website. Some are necessary to the functionality of the site, others provide information to us that we analyse to monitor and improve the site. These cookies will be deleted after each session.
Third Party Cookies
We want to provide interesting and engaging content on our website and provide relevant advertisements to you relating to products and services in which you have shown an interest. On a number of pages we use 'plug ins' or embedded media.
For example, we embed YouTube videos and Advertising in many pages. We may also collect and store your IP address to enable us to serve relevant advertisements to you through your internet browser. The suppliers of these services may also set cookies on your device when you visit the pages where we have used this type of content.
Sharing with social networks
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer. Find out more about these here:
How Do I Opt Out of Cookies?
To make full use of the features on our site you will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our websites or any other website, you can use your browser to do this though your experience of using the site may be significantly impaired should you do so (although, if you choose to restrict, block or delete third party cookies we do not envisage that this will significantly impair the functionality of our website).
Please visit www.youronlinechoices.com or www.allaboutcookies.org. Information on these websites will assist you in exercising your privacy rights providing guidance on how to opt-out of future access or continued storage of information via cookies.
Conditions of using this website
1. We (Really Good Domains Ltd) provide this website (as renamed, relocated, re-designed or otherwise changed from time to time) (Website). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (registration number 3934283) and our registered office is at Domain House, 4 Watchgate, Newby Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5DB.
2. We legally own a wide range of intellectual property rights used in and relating to the Website, including:
1. the car deal-listings directory database ('the database') which you can get access to using our Website;
2. the design, text, graphics and other content of the web pages on the Website, together with all the web addresses associated with those web pages;
3. in all the software used in relation to this Website.
About these conditions
1. For the purpose of these conditions, we refer to the Website and the database collectively as 'the Website'.
2. If you log on to or use any part of the Website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not log on to or use this Website.
3. We may change these conditions at any time without giving you notice. Please check these conditions from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the Website you agree to all the changes we make to these conditions.
Using the Website
1. The Website allows you to search for car deals and to contact the organisations that provide these deals and services. You are allowed to use the Website and the results of any search you carry out on the website for this purpose unless this is not allowed under paragraph 6 of these conditions.
2. Prices on the Website are for information purposes only and do not constitute an offer by advertisers which is capable of acceptance by you.
3. The information contained on the Website and from any communication related to the Website does not constitute financial advice.
4. We may limit your access to some parts of the Website depending on whether you have registered with us. Please do not tell other people your log in, password or any other piece of information that is part of our security procedures. We take steps to prevent people misusing the Website and to make sure that our rights are not affected.
6. You cannot use the Website:
1. for any unlawful purpose;
2. to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone's privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to us;
3. to create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else's databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
4. to tamper with, update or change any part of the Website;
5. in a way that affects how it is run;
6. in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our technical systems as determined by us; or
7. using any automated means to monitor, copy or scrape the Website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the Website works.
7. Unless otherwise stated, these terms shall apply to all Websites operated by us from time to time.