Introduction - The Ultimate Guide to Choosing Your First Car
choosing your first car can be both exciting and challenging. You’re desperate to get out on the road but you also have to make sure it’s worth the money, not to mention being safe to drive. So how do you know which car is best suited to your needs?
Below you’ll find information on budgeting, insurance and fuel, as well as a list of our top 10 cars for first time drivers. We found that 80 per cent of you rate reliability as the most important factor when buying a car, so we’ve compiled some useful statistics and facts about each car to help you find the one that’s right for you as a first-time driver.
Skip to the section that you’re most interested in, or get comfortable and simply read the whole thing.
- Five things to consider when choosing a car
- New or used
- Petrol, diesel, electric or hybrid
- Take a test drive
- Five things to remember once you’re driving
- Pass Plus
- Staying safe on the roads
- Be aware of the weather and other conditions
- Maintaining service history
- Emergency essentials