January proved to be another milestone month for the new car industry, with 174,564 vehicles registered in the first 31 days of 2017; that’s a marked 2.9% increase compared to the same period last year, and the highest levels of January registrations since 2005.
Contract Hire and Leasing News - smmt
2016 was a record-breaking year for the British Motor Industry, with 7 million vehicles rolling off the production line.
Like any fashion gimmick, trends in car colours change as frequently as the seasons. There’s little doubt however, that some hues have managed to span the years better than others.
Despite political and economic uncertainty, 2016 was yet another record year for the new car market.
The record-breaking year for UK automotive has continued well into November, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) latest figures have confirmed.
First report on future of digital automotive manufacturing in the UK outlines big benefits for productivity, consumers and the wider economy.
SMMT president urges government to “make the right decisions” as UK motor industry faces £4.5 billion car tariff threat
A plate change always boosts new car registrations, but people seem especially taken with this year’s latest 66-plate offerings, with last month being the strongest September on record for new car registrations.
Overseas demand has driven UK car manufacturing to record levels in August, the SMMT revealed today.
Most Popular This Week
- 1 Top five cars for under £200 per month
- 2 Diesel scrappage scheme proposed: what you need to know
- 3 Review: Tesla Model X
- 4 Diesel scrappage scheme proposed: what you need to know
- 5 New Land Rover Discovery now available
- 6 Top five EVs and hybrids you can lease for less than £250 a month
- 7 Top five cars you can lease for under £100 a month
- 8 New Skoda Kodiaq seven-seater SUV now available
- 9 Jaguar announces entry-level F-Pace, as well as engine updates for XE and XF
- 10 2016’s top ten salary sacrifice cars revealed by Tusker