Like any fashion gimmick, trends in car colours change as frequently as the seasons. There’s little doubt however, that some hues have managed to span the years better than others.
Contract Hire and Leasing News - Registrations
Despite political and economic uncertainty, 2016 was yet another record year for the new car market.
The record-breaking year for UK automotive has continued well into November, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) latest figures have confirmed.
A plate change always boosts new car registrations, but people seem especially taken with this year’s latest 66-plate offerings, with last month being the strongest September on record for new car registrations.
Outlook remains positive for the new car market, with registrations up 3.3% compared with August 2015.
September means only one thing in the world of automotive – it’s time for a plate change! The rolling registration plate system in the UK means numbers change every six months, so for those looking for a new car, you’ll be able to boast about your shiny new ‘66’-plated car!
It seems Ford is taking the performance market by storm with its iconic Mustang, as new registration statistics reveal demand for the sports coupe in the UK has outstripped that for Jaguars, BMWs and Porsches so far this year.
Most Popular This Week
- 1 Everything you need to know about the April 2017 road tax changes
- 2 Top five most exciting cars of 2017
- 3 Top five EVs and hybrids you can lease for less than £250 a month
- 4 Top five cars you can lease for under £100 a month
- 5 Speeding fines rise to 150% of your weekly wage
- 6 New Skoda Kodiaq seven-seater SUV now available
- 7 Mythbusting the changes to salary sacrifice
- 8 Top five compact executive saloons
- 9 First drive review: Nissan X-Trail
- 10 2016’s top ten salary sacrifice cars revealed by Tusker