As more and more fleet drivers turn to electric and hybrid power, the leasing industry has welcomed £35m of government funding that will help boost the uptake of ultra-low emission cars and expand the network of charge points in workplaces and residential areas.
Contract Hire and Leasing News - Fleet news
News, appointments, and all the latest happenings in the world of fleet vehicle management and leasing.
Four out of five private new cars are purchased using some form of point-of-sale finance, according to the the latest stats from the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA).
The RAC’s Report on Motoring 2016 also reveal that almost half of company car drivers said they break the speed limit on motorways on most journeys
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has updated its advisory fuel rates for drivers using company cars over the next quarter.
Global fleet giant LeasePlan has seen a 6% increase in net profit for the first half of 2016 thanks to a rise in vehicle numbers, with small business and personal leasing contracts marked out as its fastest growing market sectors.
More than half of businesses are concerned about their company car drivers being distracted by in-car technology.
The number of businesses using telematics in their fleet vehicles has almost doubled over the last year.
Recently released data from the government has revealed that the number of employees paying benefit in kind (BIK) car tax has increased for the first time in 10 years.
Most Popular This Week
- 1 Everything you need to know about the April 2017 road tax changes
- 2 Top five cars you can lease for under £100 a month
- 3 Five EVs and hybrids you can lease for less than £250 a month
- 4 New Skoda Kodiaq seven-seater SUV now available
- 5 Should you have to disclose your dashcam?
- 6 Top five compact executive saloons
- 7 Audi unmasks Q8 concept in Detroit
- 8 First drive review: Nissan Micra
- 9 2016’s top ten salary sacrifice cars revealed by Tusker
- 10 Top 16 most popular cars of 2016