Like it or not, taxation has proven to be one of the most effective methods of improving vehicle emissions and lowering fuel consumption. We are now at a point where a quarter of all new cars sold in the UK qualify for free road tax thanks to their low or non-existent carbon dioxide output.
Contract Hire and Leasing News
Liberty Electric Cars will begin manufacturing the world’s first zero emission, electric 4x4s in north -east England later this year.
Green car minicab service, greentomatocars has announced they are collaborating with the Renault-Nissan Alliance in a ‘Partnership for Zero-Emission-Mobility’, an initiative bringing electric mobility to the global markets.
Porsche Automobil Holding SE, the company which owns the majority share in Volkswagen as well as Porsche badged vehicles, has announced an increase in profits for the first six months of their current business year (August 1, 2008 to January 21, 2009) Upon closer inspection the startling performance, flying in the face of most of the motor industry, would appear to be from financial trading floors rather than cars sold, as the effect of cash settled share option transactions led to the increase in group profits.
Driver reaction times, such as the time taken to apply the brakes or steer away from danger, are 30 per cent slower when driving whilst using a hands-free mobile phone than when driving whilst over the legal alcohol limit, according to a study by car insurer Direct Line, carried out by Transport Research Laboratory (TRL).
Lloyds TSB Autolease (LTSBA) has called for businesses to learn the lessons of the last recession and take immediate action to reduce the costs of mobilising their workforce, as new legislation hits on April 1st.
smart thinking rather than telepathy resulted in brothers living 150 miles apart buying identical cars in the same week without each other’s knowledge.
Nottingham-based, aide automotive has seen a dramatic increase in enquiries for their tyre pressure products since tougher penalties for illegal tyres have been introduced.
Most Popular This Week
- 1 2016’s top ten salary sacrifice cars revealed by Tusker
- 2 Why carmakers are wasting their time with the BTCC, and how that is hitting lease rates
- 3 First drive review: Seat Ateca 2016
- 4 Brexit - what it means for automotive, plus reactions
- 5 Ford expand luxury Vignale sub-brand, with high-spec Kuga coming soon
- 6 Volkswagen Golf GTI at 40: what does the future hold?
- 7 Brexit – the key points for motorists to consider
- 8 Europe’s top five summer drives
- 9 Practical and powerful: Top five hot hatchbacks
- 10 First Drive Review: Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG 2016