This week saw the Team GB plane touch down on UK soil after a record-breaking Olympics in Rio and Jeremy Corbyn get caught up in ‘traingate’. But forget planes and trains, we’re more interested in automobiles.
Contract Hire and Leasing News
Liberty Electric Cars will begin manufacturing the world’s first zero emission, electric 4x4s in north -east England later this year.
Green car minicab service, greentomatocars has announced they are collaborating with the Renault-Nissan Alliance in a ‘Partnership for Zero-Emission-Mobility’, an initiative bringing electric mobility to the global markets.
Porsche Automobil Holding SE, the company which owns the majority share in Volkswagen as well as Porsche badged vehicles, has announced an increase in profits for the first six months of their current business year (August 1, 2008 to January 21, 2009) Upon closer inspection the startling performance, flying in the face of most of the motor industry, would appear to be from financial trading floors rather than cars sold, as the effect of cash settled share option transactions led to the increase in group profits.
Driver reaction times, such as the time taken to apply the brakes or steer away from danger, are 30 per cent slower when driving whilst using a hands-free mobile phone than when driving whilst over the legal alcohol limit, according to a study by car insurer Direct Line, carried out by Transport Research Laboratory (TRL).
Lloyds TSB Autolease (LTSBA) has called for businesses to learn the lessons of the last recession and take immediate action to reduce the costs of mobilising their workforce, as new legislation hits on April 1st.
smart thinking rather than telepathy resulted in brothers living 150 miles apart buying identical cars in the same week without each other’s knowledge.
Nottingham-based, aide automotive has seen a dramatic increase in enquiries for their tyre pressure products since tougher penalties for illegal tyres have been introduced.
Most Popular This Week
- 1 New Tesla Model S claims title of quickest production car in the world
- 2 Top five car leasing questions answered
- 3 Everything you need to know about the April 2017 road tax changes
- 4 Full pricing and spec list confirmed for Seat’s long-awaited Ateca SUV, due September
- 5 Are you a serial car leaser? Cars now changed as frequently as mobile phones
- 6 Top five new cars for the new 66-plate
- 7 Paris Motor Show 2016 preview: what will be there?
- 8 Top 10 popular performance cars revealed: Ford Mustang leads the way
- 9 Fiat prices up 124 Spider ahead of autumn arrival
- 10 First drive review: New Audi A5