Cash saving NHS car leasing website now available to entire UK public sector
A car leasing website to ensure maximum value for money for the NHS has been re-launched, by the NHS Purchasing and Supply Agency (NHS PASA) to extend the benefits to the entire UK public sector.
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
2.0 SD4 HSE 5dr Auto
- 8k Miles p/a
Per Month, EXC VAT
Business Users Only
It is the first public sector website of its kind in the UK, providing live pricing information straight from the supplier to the user with a click of a button. It follows the same principles as many private sector online price comparison sites.
Developed and implemented by NHS PASA's transport and e-procurement teams, the website complements and supports the 2007 Pan Government lease Car and Car-Derived Vans framework.
The quotation system pulls live pricing information from each participating supplier's website, based on search criteria, and displays them in an easy to read table making comparison of prices easy and quick.
Potential savings over three years to those who sign up to the framework and use the website are estimated at nearly £10 million across the public sector. Extra savings will also be made because of the huge reduction in the time it takes to get quotes through the website.
Janette Cowburn, NHS PASA's Transport Category Manager said: "Where time is always in short supply, this new technology is a real winner for suppliers and users alike. Compare this to the current system which can involve getting nine written quotes from suppliers, possibly every time a car is leased, and then you realise just how beneficial it will be.
Peter Miller, from NHS PASA's e-Procurement team said: "This new website provides a level playing field for suppliers of lease cars to the entire public sector. The range of vehicles, vehicle options and lease terms and conditions is vast - but all are catered for so that in a matter of seconds purchasers can receive a quotation from all participating suppliers.
"It also provides extensive guidance on issues ranging from taxation to CO2 emissions and fuel types - especially useful for today's focus on energy efficiency and the environment."
Key benefits include:
• A reduction in paperwork and administrative burden for both customers and suppliers.
• Increased collaboration in the procurement of car leasing services resulting in an estimated potential saving of £9,568,000 over the three years of the new framework.
• User assurance of impartial and objective choice of suppliers since they have been selected using procedures as laid out in EU procurement legislation. Adherence to this legislation also ensures that proper use of public money and value for money can be achieved in the procurement of lease of cars across all public sector organisations.
• Greater knowledge and control of CO2 emission levels for government fleets.
• Improved coordination and efficiency in the delivery of the lease car framework by streamlining the order process.
• Reduced waste by decreasing the number of paper quotes.
The 2007 Pan Government lease Car and Car-Derived Vans framework agreement provides a flexible solution for the entire public sector's car leasing needs and offers a range of services from nine suppliers.
It also links directly to the vehicle purchase discounts available through the Department of Work and Pensions framework, which enables lease car suppliers to buy public sector lease vehicles from manufacturers at a cheaper rate. This saving then transfers through to reduced lease rates, thus ensuring that lease costs are kept as low as possible for public sector organisations.
Queries from public sector organisations about the website should be sent to email@example.com